confession friday

Friday, October 22, 2010

happy friday!
*I confess that I hope you read the post below and think about honoring a special woman in your life!
*I confess that "time" scares me a bit... it seems to be true that time speeds up as we age. example: it was just Monday, I swear. And now it's Friday... and I have to keep those "I haven't accomplished enough this week and I was a horrible mother" thoughts from creeping into my heart. Because that kind of thinking just won't help. And it won't slow down time, either.
*I confess that I'm sick of spin class. I used to love it, the way it created a killer workout in a small amount of time. I'll most likely keep going, but I'm feeling extra lazy these days.
*I confess that sometimes I just pick up the largest chunks of dog hair on my floor and throw them away... instead of vacuuming. Because I just don't have time to vacuum (and when I do, my youngest child is napping... and we live in a small house... you get the picture).
*I will always confess that the way women treat each other breaks my heart almost every day. The competition for "who's right and who's wrong" when it comes to just about anything... parenting, religion, clothing... on and on. I'm trying to simply look for the best in everyone and respect their choices, knowing that what's best for one person might not be best for me, and vice versa. Wouldn't it be amazing if women really stuck together as a team in this way? Only due to the common bond of being goddess women, and for no other reason and with no other expectations? That would be revolutionary... let's try that together :).
*I confess that, for the past year, I bought nothing for myself as a self-challenge (from September 2009 through September 2010). I was very interesting to learn about myself through that journey. But my confession has to do with right now. Prior to my self-challenge year, I hadn't bought many clothes for many years before then, either. So, my clothes were pretty worn. And now, I confess, I'm going a little overboard (well, by my standards, not by hollywood's :) ) in my shopping. But it's like I finally found what I like, what makes me feel comfortable and beautiful and feminine and myself all in one breath. It's fun! Maybe I'll post pictures of clothes soon :).
*I confess that my next challenge involves eating every speck of food in our freezer and cabinets to save money and to clean out.... before going back to the store. So far it's been sorta fun, and has forced us to get creative.
*I confess that I hope you confess today... here, on your blog, in your head, wherever. Clean out the junk, friends!
Have a great weekend!
xoxo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm also cleaning out the food in the cupboards and freezer before going on a big shop. It's amazing how much food I've stockpiled. Wow.

coffeemom said...

Oooh, show the clothes! And good luck on the freezer/pantry..I try, and make major inroads, but then usually cave because we are out of an essential...like milk or something I need to do the weird meal. I have no self discipline at all anymore.....

Post a Comment