Goddess: Help A Mother Out

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Today I'm switching around my goddess feature... I'm in the midst of writing about another amazing goddess that I want to share with you... but as you all know, life gets in the way of these fun little endeavors like blogging :). My middle child has a virus, and so it goes... well, everything goes. Life stops while he mends. Oh... and the goal of getting it NOT to spread to the other kids in the house... oh boy.

So, I thought this week I'd link to a GREAT organization and let you explore their site for yourselves! Two women started Help A Mother Out in order to provide diapers for homeless mothers throughout their area. The organization is now spreading to other cities, too.

As a mother myself, I can't imagine not having access to clean diapers when my kids were babies. Many women are forced to use one diaper a day, if they even have that. Shelters want to help, but lack funds to provide diapers, as they have to focus on the even more pressing things like food, water, formula, and medicines.

This is an amazing story of women helping fellow women. What goddesses they are! Using their gifts, time, money, and influence to provide a basic, yet hugely important, need. Be inspired!

It sounds big, and maybe it is, but it’s also very small: It’s one or two people, figuring out how to move beyond rhetoric to action; a handful of people buying cases of diapers off an Amazon wishlist; busy mothers donating their collections of hotel shampoos. It’s finding the time and the means to lend a hand to our community. We may not be changing the world, but changing diapers is pretty important too.-- from the women of Help A Mother Out


0 comments:

Post a Comment