goddess:body

Wednesday, September 22, 2010


Today on the menu: LUNCH!

One way to nurture our bodies? To eat a great lunch. I think lunch has been hijacked by fast food... and I'm a huge breakfast lover... so I replace sandwiches with cereals and oatmeal whenever I can. My favorite thing to eat for lunch, which fills my belly and leaves me full and energetic for the afternoon hours? Oatmeal with peanut butter and apples (or berries). I cook my oatmeal with milk, for the added calcium, protein, and vitamin D. (obviously oats cook great in water too, if you can't do milk or are vegan).
I stir in yummy peanut butter (or almond butter works great, too)...
and add my apples! It is delicious, healthy, and full of good nutrition. Also, This is an easy thing to make at home OR the office if you work in an office... microwave a pack of plain oatmeal and have some apples and peanut putter on standby in the fridge. Added bonus- it's cheap!
Have a wonderful Wednesday!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the concept, CANNOT do it in reality. My fave is two rice cakes. I then top with things like sliced tomato, cheese and avocado. Or if I'm feeling sweet toothy, I will put almond butter and honey on them. This will keep me full and happy until afternoon snack time at which point I generally have some fruit and try to keep it to one small healthy square of dark chocolate. (I did say TRY)

Post a Comment