goddess:body

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Well hello there!
I've missed this little blog... this week has been busy with all things "life," as I'm sure it has been for you, too. When I get busy with work/kids, I have less time to exercise and take care of myself. Slowly things start to fall apart... I can feel my immune system weakening and I have a harder time sleeping when I'm not as active as usual. But the worst thing that happens? I start to worry about my appearance. It's normal to put on a couple of pounds if you can't do spin class or yoga for a couple of weeks. But to beat myself up over it can be dangerous territory for me. So I have to remind myself that we're all beautiful, all created differently, and all store fat in different places. And if my hips are a wee bit bigger than normal, my friends will still be my friends, and my family will still love me.
so a few "goddess:body" lessons here for me today:

1) take care of myself... eat well and be as active as I can be
2) don't beat myself up over a week of being busy
3) be kind to myself... I don't want to base my entire opinion of who I am on how big my butt looks (don't want to pass poor body image onto my daughter, either).

So lovely ladies... be grateful for what you have today... love yourself well!

I am beautiful as I am. I am the shape that was gifted. My breasts are no longer perky and upright like when I was a teenager. My hips are wider than that of a fashion model's. For this I am glad, for these are the signs of a life lived. ~Cindy Olsen, co-owner of The Body Objective

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! As one wise woman says 'if you got it, flaunt it lady, no shame!'

Post a Comment